Chennai, 19thDecember 2019: India continues to be an attractive market for ŠKODA as it offers consistent opportunities and sustainable growth in medium to long term. The company is working towards increasing the accessibility of its brand across newer geographies and would be looking at investing in markets across India, over the next few years to meet the much-needed demand. ŠKODA Auto India plans to increase the accessibility of the brand by doubling the dealer network across fifty new cities, over the next three years – from 63 retail sales outlets today, to 130 plus touch-points by 2022.
South India remains one of ŠKODA’s key growth drivers. The company currently has a robust network of 36 sales and service outlets and 3S facilities across South India. Under India 2.0, ŠKODA will increase its presence from 36 to 38 touch-points by 2025. Tamil Nadu is home to ŠKODA AUTO India’s largest workshop facility in Coimbatore sprawling over an area of 49,585 sq. ft.
Mr Zac Hollis, Director – Sales, Service, and Marketing, ŠKODA AUTO IndiaPvt Ltd. said, “In the Southern market of Tamil Nadu, we are witnessingrapid growth in the service sectors and is now an emerging hub.Our market share in TN and its contribution to ŠKODA’s overall pan-India sales has increased to 13.5% and 17.6% respectively from the last two years. Our focus on evolving Tier I markets like Chennai is going to play an important role in our future plan as these markets are key growth drivers.”
He further added, “We are happy that we have a partner in Mr Paras Vaid, Dealer Principal of Gurudev MotorsPvt. Ltd. This dealership boasts a spaciousarea of 4,100 sq. ft. and a workshop area of 25,220 sq. ft. The dealership has contributed to over12% of the total sales for the Southern region.”
Mr Zac Hollis highlighted:
- ŠKODA AUTO INDIA recently unveiled a sketch of its upcoming compact SUV, Vision IN concept, developed specifically for India which is scheduled to premiere at the Auto Expo in New Delhi from 5 to 12 February 2020, under India 2.0 Project
- The sketch shows a wide dashboard arranged on several levels, which echoes the symmetrical contours of the ŠKODA grille in the centre
- The ŠKODA VISION IN is the first vehicle to be based on the new localised sub-compact platform of the MQB A0 IN modular transverse matrix, which also forms the inter-brand basis of various ŠKODA and Volkswagen models
- Additionally, ŠKODA will be displaying four new exciting models OCTAVIA RS, SUPERB FL, KAROQ and RAPID TSI at the Delhi Motor Show 2020 which will be introduced in India next year. These models will be BSVI compliant when launched in 2020
- Following huge interest from consumers in India, 200 OCTAVIA RS is already on high seas and heading towards India. Thesewill sport European specsand bookings will open post Auto Expo 2020
- KAROQ the 5-seater SUV has been extremely popular in Europe will be launched in April 2020. This will be followed by the SUPERB Facelift in Q2,2020.
- The BS-VI compliant Rapid will be launched in April 2020, sporting only a TSI petrol engine, which will beefficient but will pack a lot of punch and power
- Theses launches will be followed by two new product introductions in 2021
Keeping the Indian customers in mind, ŠKODA is going to add a whole new range of ‘Made in India’ products in its portfolio, under the India 2.0 Project. ŠKODA AUTO India currently has 4 models on sale in India – ŠKODA KODIAQ, ŠKODA SUPERB, ŠKODA OCTAVIA and ŠKODA RAPID.
The company’s sales and service facilities are envisioned to provide an enhanced customer experience which is rated positively by the customers, dealer partners and, sales and service personnel. Company’s 4 year Service Care package is a unique offering crafted with a singular purpose – to deliver a hassle-free and a pleasant ownership experience to ŠKODA customers. This will be complemented with ŠKODA’s Shield Plus service that ensures 6 years of hassle-free ownership experience.